Saturday, November 20, 2010

Relationships

I was on my way to the dorm from the library with my laptop, a few movies, and a starbucks in my hands when I saw the sunset. I considered going on, but sitting outside, looking at the beautiful light seemed more appealing, so I sat down. Soon after, Jake came up and sat next to me. We chatted for a while, then I got to wondering. "I wonder how long we will be friends" I thought aloud. "For life," he responded. It's sad, but I will never be able to believe someone again when they say that to me. "Instead of wondering how long we'll be friends," I concluded, "I think it's better to enjoy the time we have now. To see it as a gift." "Agreed," Jake nodded.

And with that, I taught myself to view every relationship I am in as temporary, as short-lived, as ephemeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment