Thursday, December 23, 2010

August and Satellites

It's official- I love Counting Crows.

Maria came from Nashville with a suitcase in her hand. Hey, mister, if you're going to walk on water, you know you're only gonna walk all over me. When everybody loves me, I will never be lonely. Help me stay awake, cuz I'm falling asleep in perfect blue buildings beside the green apple sea. And Anna begins to change her mind. I wanted to see you walking backwards, to get the sensation of you coming home. She's been dying, and I've been drinkin'. I'm almost drowning in her sea. Love is a ghost train, howlin' on the radio. 3500 miles away, but what would you change if you could? I dreamt I saw you walkin' up a hillside in the snow.


I want to be the last thing that you hear when you're falling asleep. I will not be an enemy of anything, I'll only stand here waiting for you. I want to say goodbye to you, goodbye to you, goodbye to all my friends, goodbye to everyone I know. Spent my nights in self-defense, cry about my innocence-well, I ain't all that innocent anymore. I will wait for you in Baton Rouge. I can't find my way home. Well I don't need you, believe me. Don't wake me-I was dreamin'. So she takes her pills, careful and round-one of these days she's gonna throw the whole bottle down. She sees shooting stars and comets tails. Got no where but home to go, got Ben Folds on my radio. Keep some sorrow in your heart and mind, for the things that die before their time. If you think you might come to California, I think you should. Someday, I'm gonna stay, but not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment