Friday, January 7, 2011

30 Rock




I don't think anyone besides my sister knows this, so I'll get it in the open--I am addicted to "30 Rock". I love Liz Lemon, even though she is nerdy and was a bully in high school and uses her humor to combat others who get to intimate. I love Jack Donaghy, even though he is capitalism incarnate and selfish and rude. I love Tracy Jordan and Kenneth and Jenna Maroni and Topher and Frank and every other character.

That being said, I also realize that I am putting myself through emotional torture. The show's content is directly dependent on what will get the highest ratings. Every show is. So although I hope that Jack and Elana will get married and have a happy, uneventful life together, I doubt they could make seasons out of that plot line. I also want Liz to find someone awesome and caring who doesn't mind that she's nerdy and a wreck; however, that is the core dilemma of the show, so I doubt it will come to fruition.

I am purposefully hurting myself, over and over, every time I watch this show. At least I know it, right?

Lemon out.

No comments:

Post a Comment