Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Being Good? Pass.

I have wondered this for a while. What does it mean to be a good kid? I understand that my parents believe that it means not doing anything bad. However, I think it is different than that. I think being good is at the heart, that I care for others, protect my friends and family, and treat everyone with human decency. I don't think being good is just the absence of bad, or that someone who does "bad" things isn't good.

Is it even right to aspire to be good? Should I just be who I am, see who that is, determine if that is good or bad, and go on with life? You see, I don't worry about being good. I worry about taking care of my friends, even if that means I suffer somehow.

What stage of life are you in when you realize that your definition of what is right, what is friendship, what is good, is different from what you were taught?

No comments:

Post a Comment