Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Landslide and others

The reason "Landslide" is such a good song is because it creates such a unique and rare tone. The tone is one of nostalgia, of longing, of happiness, all at once. Few songs feel like "Landslide" does. Some come close, and these are the few that I have found. Some are closer than others.

So Close Now--Eli Young Band
Everything Is You-- Eli Young Band
October-- FM Static
Iris-- Goo Goo Dolls
Streetlights-- Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
In Your Atmosphere-- John Mayer
Free Fallin' (cover)--John Mayer
Matt Nathason's whole At The Point live album, especially "I Saw" and "Bent"
Losing Innocence--Nevertheless
Motorcycle Drive-By --Third Eye Blind
Interstate-- Randy Rogers Band
Samson-- Regina Spektor
Shadow Proves The Sunshine-- Switchfoot
The Temper Trap's whole Conditions album.
Catapult, I'm Not Sleeping, Recovering The Satellites-- Counting Crows

This is as far as I got, but I'm sure there are more.

No comments:

Post a Comment