Saturday, February 19, 2011

Things I am thankful for

1. Having Bruce Springstein's "Born To Run," so that I can access the escape in his songs whenever needed.
2. The ability to wash my clothes for free whenever I decide it's convenient.
3. An Uncle who I can listen to talk about God and feel no disgust about the Christian language used.
4. My sunglasses that I think are the coolest thing since James Dean.
5. The fact that emotions are temporary, seasonal, that they go so, so, so far down, but always find their way up the mountain also.
6. People who I think validate my existence with their approval of me.
7. The ability to walk barefoot to class.
8. A sweater that covers up my pit sweat and keeps me feeling swanky.
9. Friends who want to be around me.
10. Annie, the lady who makes me an omlet every morning.
11. A computer on which I can watch tv shows and movies at my convenience.
I tried making a list of things I'm thankful for in an attempt to forget my sadness, but it didn't work. I'm just going to go watch T.V. instead, to numb the pain away.

I didn't watch T.V. I experienced the pain, tried to understand it, thought about it. Maybe that's the way to beat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment