Saturday, August 14, 2010

The First Night

My first day of college. Well, at least living in the dorm.

I don't know what I thought it would be like. Maybe I thought people would be walking down the halls with smiles on their faces, ready to be friends and know each other. Guys like the one's on Jake's hall last year. Maybe these guys are. I just don't want to be outgoing right now.

I hope this is going to be a good experience. The RA, Alex, is really cool. Maybe that's a good sign. But what if I don't have a good experience? Maybe that's enough momentum to get me to transfer to UT-if I don't have a good time here. I have no idea what's best for me: to stay here and major in something other than film or transfer to UT and major in film.

I don't think I'm going to put much stock in my first day experience, because it's just that. The first day. Everyone is bustling about, trying to get their rooms settled and comfortable, and everyone is leaving their families for a long while. It's lonesome for everyone.

It's good to know that, at least, I have friends at home. That I have family. That I have people who want to know me and be around me, even if no one does here. And I don't assume that's the case, I just don't know anyone and feel a little lonely. Hopefully it will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment